Friday, January 18, 2013

Goodbyes

So I had a really neat experience on Sunday. I got to attend my EFY counselors farewell. She is going to Farmington, New Mexico. She is going to be a great missionary. THE BEST! :)

She has made such a great impact on my life. She changed my life forever. And I will never forget her. She was the first person I met at EFY and she inspired me from the moment I met her. I want to grow up to be just like her. And I want to impact someone else's life the way she impacted mine! She became more like my sister than my counselor! :)

So I had to say goodbye to her on Sunday. But I knew that she is going to be a great missionary. And she will love her mission.

Goodbyes are so bittersweet. You are going to miss that person so much. But they could be leaving to go achieve so many better things in their life. They aren't always a bad thing. And who knows maybe one day you will get to reunite with that person.

Like my brother. My brother passed away when he was 12 hours old. Yes we had to say goodbye to our sweet baby boy. But we will get to be reunited with him again. So our goodbye won't last forever.

I love my family and friends. They are my main support system and I can't express enough how much I love them.

I want to end with a quote from a famous broadway play, Wicked.

"It well may be, that we will never meet again; in this lifetime. So let me say before we part, so much of me; was made from what I learned from you. You'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart. And now whatever way our stories end, I know you have rewritten mine, by being my friend.... Because I knew you; I have been changed..... For Good..."





No comments:

Post a Comment